Sometimes I doubt myself in the fact that I can’t raise Lucas well or the fact that I can’t naturally provide for him. Meaning, that I don’t have a job, or a decent education. I can’t come home and be proud that I just worked a long shift to provide for my son. When my parents died, they left a pretty good sized amount of money in trust funds for my brother and I. That is how I currently pay the mortgage, pay for plane tickets, the toddler clothes, the therapy, the hospitalizations, everything. I had a hard time in school and I’ve been held back quite a bit because of personal reasons. I have not graduated high school yet. And I will admit, that I’m seriously deciding dropping out in September when I go back. I do have jobs lined up that would hire a person like me, and hopefully I can get one. I think that having this job will help me overcome my depression and sense of being unable to provide for Lucas. Getting this award this morning when I woke up at almost 4 am to a seizing 2 year old, just seemed to brighten my day. “Inspiring Blog Award.” I don’t know if my blog is really inspiring, but if anybody thinks that, thank you. It means a lot.
I would like to thank The Misfit Baker for nominating me. She is a vegan baker (which I love) and her recipes are freakin’ delicious for anybody who is vegan, or non-vegan. Check it out, cook a meal, enjoy the amazing food.
The rules for the “Inspiring Blog Award”:
* Thank the person who nominated you.
* Tell 7 things about you that will not come up in your blog entries.
* Pass this on to 15 other bloggers that you find inspiring.
Seven things about me:
1) I struggle with staying sober, but I know that Lucas means more to me than alcohol or drugs, so I stay away from those things.
2) I have hemachromatosis. (a liver disease)
3) I love to travel.
4) Criticism is my worst enemy. Being criticized makes me feel awful. Like I am an utter failure at everything I do. I just can’t handle it.
5) I had a horrible childhood.
6) What makes me happy, (besides Luka) Is surfing. I don’t get to do it often because of my Epilepsy but it makes me feel free and lifeless.
7) I’ve struggled a lot with death and unfortunately, I am so used to it, that I expect it.
Seven things about Lucas:
1) His favorite food is stuffed tomatoes.
2) He wants his own pet. And he preferably wants a pet cow.
3) He wants a little brother that he gets to take care of.
4) His favorite baseball/football/etc team is anything Detroit related.
5) He was born in Detroit, Michigan
6) He was a month premature
7) He likes socks.
I would like to nominate (7) blogs for this award and they are…
The Vegan Body — A vegan blog, transitioning their toddler to a vegan diet.
Motherhood and Other Adventures — About her son with SPD and the activities they do.
Negative Reality — A blog about a realist.
Racheous — A mother raising her kids.
Little Veg — Vegan Recipes
Dog 4 Deeds — A blog that gives me hope for Lucas. That he can be normal despite the problems that he will face. Really a great blog that I found today and can utterly relate to. Cannot wait to read more.
Vegan Spoonful — A green blog raising vegetarians since birth.